Best Backpacking Hammocks: Which One Is The Perfect Choice For You?
Camping can be a rewarding experience that allows people to commune with nature, but the outdoors isn’t always pleasant. Backs and backsides take a beating from logs, rocks, and hard ground. A decent backpacking hammock provides a comfortable area to relax while taking in the scenery.
However, there are lots of brands and models of hammocks at different prices. Therefore, it is extremely hard for you to choose a suitable product that can fulfill all your criteria.
To help you out, we have conducted a survey to sort out a detailed list of the best backpacking hammocks, which will help you narrow down your choices before purchasing one.
Let’s read on to discover our suggestions!
OUR TOP PICKS:
In-Depth Reviews Of The Best Backpacking Hammocks
We have tested a myriad of different products with different prices and figured out some models with excellent performance. These models we introduced today are at the top based on the criteria presented.
#1. Wise Owl Outfitters Camping Hammock: Best for setting up
- Product Dimensions: 10.31 x 6.14 x 5.16 inches
- Item weight: 0.84 Kilograms
One of the most remarkable features of this product is its comfort. It provides lots of space which allows you to comfortably sit sideways or slumber in a nice diagonal position. You even can invite your buddies to enjoy the picnic together without any fear of lacking space to sleep.
Along with their comfort, this model is also extremely easy to assemble. The DoubleOwl is simple to set up thanks to the provided straps. They use a popular webbing style with sewn-in loops for quick and easy adjustability. You may clip into these loops with a carabiner on each end of the hammock and start relaxing right away.
However, its carabiners were of the same bad quality as the other low-cost hammocks. They are large steel carabiners with a sticky gate that must be manually closed. We recommend upgrading to a lightweight aluminum wire-gate carabiner from your local climbing shop.
Besides, this product is a little bit heavy. Hence, it’ll be a somewhat substantial package once you add a tarp and bug net for protection. When weight is a factor, it’s probably not the hammock to choose for prolonged outdoor expeditions. Nevertheless, we wouldn’t hesitate to throw it in the bag for brief overnights, days at the crag, or relaxing in the park.
- Comfortable: Whether you're relaxing by the fire, sleeping under the stars, or just lounging around this summer, our camping hammock has everything you need to stay comfy and covered throughout the night for your next camping, hiking, or beach trip -- even just lounging in your backyard & patio on a hammock stand!
- Compact: Lightweight and convenient, our travel hammock weighs only 24oz and folds to the size of an eggplant. Single Hammock measures at 9 feet long by 4.5 feet wide for one person, and the Double Hammock measures 10 feet long by 6.5 feet wide for either two people or anyone who wants some extra space. Throw it in your backpack and go!
- Easy Setup: Equipped with two 9ft long tree straps and carabiners, our camping hammock makes setting up a breeze. It also features 5 separate loops, so you can adjust it to the perfect height. Single hammock holds up to 400 lbs, while the Double Hammock holds up to 500 lbs
- Premium Quality: Built to last a lifetime, our heavy-duty hammocks for camping are crafted with soft yet strong parachute nylon and triple interlocking stitching, along with strong carabiners and tree friendly hammock straps. Our hammocks are machine washable - we recommend removing the carabiners first so you do not damage your washer. Then add a very small amount of soap, wash it on the gentle cycle with cold water and by itself; it is best to hang it to dry instead of putting it in the dryer
- Camping Gifts: No matter the occasion, our camping hammock is a camping gear must have for the adventurer in your life. Don't know what to get mom or dad for Mother's Day or Father's Day? We have you covered!
What we like
- Its comfort
- Ease to set up
Things to consider
- Bad quality carabiners
- Its weight
#See More: best backyard hammock
#2. Kootek Camping Hammock: Best for overall
- Product Dimensions: 13.39 x 9.92 x 6.1 inches
- Item weight: 1.35 Kilograms
This model is assembled with durable materials. The long-lasting construction and characteristics make it ideal for overnight camping. This product is made of 210T parachute fabric, which is resistant to tearing, fraying, and dirt. Besides, the hammock also can stay firmly linked to two trees thanks to thick straps and durable carabiners, with a weight capacity of 400 pounds for the single version and 500 pounds for the double.
This unit is considered excellent for overnight camping because it comes with a mosquito net. The net is held aloft over the user by cleverly constructed ropes, giving the hammock a tent-like effect while keeping bugs away. Therefore, you can use it as a safe shelter even in bad weather.
The hammock comes in eight colors and two sizes: a single that is 108 inches by 55 inches and a double that measures a staggering 118 inches by 78 inches. Hence, you are enabled to choose your preferred size that is suitable for your camping.
The only drawback of Kootek is its weight. Because it is somewhat heavy, we don’t recommend you to put it in your backpacks for a multi-day backpacking trip. But we ensure that you’ll cheerfully carry it on day outings, down to the river, and even overnighters where weight isn’t an issue.
- Durable material: Made of 210T parachute fabric material, which is more durable.
- 2 Sizes Available: The large hammock is suitable for 2 people (120"L X 78"W) and can hold up to 500 pounds. The medium hammock is suitable for 1 person (105''L X 54''W) and can hold up to 400 pounds.
- Design with net: The hammock with net allows you to enjoy comfortable moments whether outdoors or indoors.
- Tree-friendly straps: The straps provide a larger contact area and are friendly to trees. You can adjust the length of the strap according to different needs.
- Unique gift: A variety of colors are available, and it is an ideal gift for friends and family who like to travel. A good choice to take our hammocks outdoors, such as hiking, camping, boating or traveling.
What we like
- Its thick and durable materials
- Its mosquito net
- It’s capacity
- Come in various sizes and colors
Things to consider
- Its weight
#See More: Best Hammock With Stand
Frequently Asked Questions
What equipment do I require for hammock camping?
You’ll need a few items if you wish to camp in a hammock overnight. Tree straps and carabiners are required in addition to the hammock for mounting the hammock to two trees. In the event of poor weather, a rain tarp should be hung over the hammock. Unless you’re camping in the winter, you’ll need a bug net to keep mosquitoes away while you sleep.
Is it better to sleep in a hammock?
A hammock puts your body in an ideal resting posture by raising your head by 10 to 30 percent and lifting your feet, relieving pressure on your lower back. Hammocks can also help you sleep better. They sway gently, lulling you to sleep.
Hope that after reading this article on the best backpacking hammocks, you can find out the most suitable one for your needs. See you in the upcoming reviews and updates!